Village Farm and Town Foot Farm Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
Booking Terms and Conditions
Here are our full booking conditions. Please read these carefully as they will form the terms of the contract between us.
- When you complete the online booking-form and press send, our availability will be updated automatically and your selected property will be yours.
- Subject to our final confirmation, the contract will be formed once the deposit, which is 30% of the total property rental, has been paid and cleared.
- At this stage, you will be sent a formal confirmation of the dates booked, the deposit paid, and the balance owing. This should not be confused with the auto-reply you will receive on sending the booking form, which does not constitute acceptance of the booking by Village Farm. The balance is due eight weeks prior to arrival. We do not send reminders for this payment.
- Once the formal confirmation has been sent, a binding contract will exist between the guest and Village Farm.
- The balance will be due even if the guest does not come on holiday.
- Bookings can be made on-line with the deposit paid by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque within four days. Bookings can also be made by telephone, but must be confirmed by a completed booking form and payment of the deposit within seven days.
- Prices are fully inclusive of everything including VAT at the prevailing rate, except beauty treatments.
- If a booking is made within eight weeks of the arrival date, full payment must be made immediately. Payments can be made by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque.
- If you cancel your booking, you must telephone us immediately and thereafter confirm the cancellation in writing by post or email. We will do our very best to re-let the property on your behalf. If we succeed, we will return all monies we receive, which may be less than the amount you have paid (minus £50.00 administration fee). If we are unable to re-let, you will remain liable for the full cost of your holiday.
A condition of booking is that you take out Holiday Insurance to cover you in the event of forced cancellation. It is surprising that guests who would not dream of travelling abroad without Travel Insurance, do not buy it when holidaying in the UK. Please protect yourself. Annual worldwide travel insurance is not expensive.
- Some of our cottages change over on Fridays and some on Saturdays on all dates from pre- Easter until beginning of November. They change over on Mondays and Fridays in winter.
- Short breaks are available from the beginning of November until pre- Easter, with the exception of Christmas, New Year and February half term, when the properties are let for full weeks only.
- Bookings are from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure. A weekend three-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Friday until 10.00 am on the following Monday. A weekend two-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Friday until 10.00 am on the following Sunday. A midweek four-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Monday until 10.00 am on the following Friday and is priced at the cost of a three-night weekend short break.
- It is your responsibility to get to Village Farm, and leave, whatever weather conditions prevail.
We provide many facilities at Village Farm and we try our best to have all of them open all of the time. However, sometimes, because of circumstances beyond our control, some may be closed.
- You are responsible for the condition of the property and the furniture, furnishings and equipment therein.
If guests leave damage in the property or leave it in an unacceptable condition, we reserve the right to charge the guest for the cost of repairs or reinstatement.
- Guests are expected to leave the properties neat and tidy, with bins emptied, dishes washed and no food left in the fridge or freezer.
- Bed-wetting can be a problem. If you think there may be a danger of this please ask us for a protective sheet, because we reserve the right to charge you for damaged mattresses.
- We are not liable to you or any members of your party for any loss or damage caused to any of your belongings or to the belonging of any visitors, nor are we responsible for any acts of negligence or wilful damage caused by any other person or persons.
- We reserve the right to alter the booking arrangements.
- These conditions may be varied by us as necessary due to changes in statute or statutory instruments.
- You and your visitors use the swimming pool and fitness equipment at your own risk.
- PLEASE NOTE that if you are in a cottage that has its own Hot Tub, these require regular maintenance and we cannot guarantee that it will be available at all times. When we are required to empty it, which is a routine neccessity, it can take 24 hours to reach its required temperature.
- During your occupation of the property, you shall not sub-let or otherwise part with possession of it.
- The number of occupants of the property must not exceed the number stated in this website unless prior written approval is obtained.
- All of our properties are non-smoking.
- The information and descriptions given in our website and other printed matter are for guidance only. We shall not be held liable for any mis-description or incorrect information.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome in Cedar and Pine Chalets, Wool, Town Foot and Melrose Cottages and Sally's Flat, subject to an additional charge for extra cleaning of £35.00 per dog per stay. Pets are not permitted in the other properties.
You agree not to act in any way which might cause disturbance to any neighbouring properties. If we consider that you have behaved anti-socially, irresponsibly, or have caused significant damage to the property or the property of others, we are entitled to terminate your let immediately without a refund.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury, sickness or inconvenience to any member of your party, or any vehicles or possessions belonging to any of them, howsoever caused, nor shall we be liable for any additional expenses incurred by you whether directly or indirectly caused by or arising from any aspect of your booking with us. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to us.
We will endeavour to ensure that the content of this website is always accurate, honest, and up-to-date. However, all content, including prices, is subject to change without notice.
All personal information collected through the forms in this website will be used only for the purpose intended, eg to answer an enquiry or to process a holiday booking. Personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary to satisfy the enquiry or booking made. In the case of a booking, your details may be retained by us for such periods as may be necessary to satisfy your booking and for the proper administration of our own business accounting and taxation.
In the case of our mailing list, we will retain the information supplied by you comprising only your name and email address for the purpose of informing you of any news, special offers, cancellations or last minute availability. Your information will not be shared with any other third parties. We will remove your details from our mailing list on request. Simply send an email from the address you wish to remove with REMOVE as the subject.
Links to external websites are provided as a service to our users, eg where they contain information that may be of either general or specific interest to persons planning a self catering cottage holiday. However, we are not responsible for the content, views, or accuracy of information on external websites.
You accept that data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
When making a booking with us, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute, the laws of England and Wales shall apply and the English courts shall have jurisdiction.