Village Farm and Town Foot Farm Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
Booking Terms and Conditions
Here are our full booking conditions. Please read these carefully as they will form the terms of the contract between us.
- Bookings can be made on-line with the deposit paid by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque within four days. Bookings can also be made by telephone, but must be confirmed by a completed booking form and payment of the deposit within seven days.
- Prices are fully inclusive of everything including VAT at the prevailing rate, except beauty treatments and horse riding.
- A deposit of 30% of the rent must be paid before the booking can be confirmed. Payment of the balance is due eight weeks prior to the arrival date. If a booking is made within eight weeks of the arrival date, full payment must be made immediately. Payments can be made by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque.
- Payments can be made by cards on-line or by cheque.
- If you cancel your booking, you must telephone us immediately and thereafter confirm the cancellation in writing by post or email. We will do our very best to re-let the property. If we are unable to re-let, you will remain liable for the full cost of your holiday. Please refer to our Rent Waiver section below for cover against this possibility. (Please note the Rent Waiver is non-refundable)
- Some of our cottages change over on Fridays and some on Saturdays on all dates from pre- Easter until beginning of November. They change over on Mondays and Fridays in winter.
- Short breaks are available from the beginning of November until pre- Easter, with the exception of Christmas, New Year and February half term, when the properties are let for full weeks only.
- Bookings are from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure. A weekend three-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Friday until 10.00 am on the following Monday. A weekend two-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Friday until 10.00 am on the following Sunday. A midweek four-night break runs from 3.00 pm on Monday until 10.00 am on the following Friday and is priced at the cost of a three-night weekend short break.
It is your responsibility to get to Village Farm, and leave, whatever weather conditions prevail
- You are responsible for the condition of the property and the furniture, furnishings and equipment therein.
- We are not liable to you or any members of your party for any loss or damage caused to any of your belongings or to the belonging of any visitors, nor are we responsible for any acts of negligence or wilful damage caused by any other person or persons.
- We reserve the right to cancel or alter the booking arrangements. In the event of cancellation, we shall be liable only for the return of any monies received.
- These conditions may be varied by us as necessary, due to changes in statute or statutory instruments.
- You and your visitors use the swimming pool and fitness equipment at your own risk.
- PLEASE NOTE that if you are in a cottage that has its own Hot Tub, these require regular maintenance and we cannot guarantee that it will be available at all times. When we are required to empty it, which is a routine neccessity, it can take 24 hours to reach its required temperature.
- During your occupation of the property, you shall not sub-let or otherwise part with possession of it.
- The number of occupants of the property must not exceed the number stated in this website unless prior written approval is obtained.
- All of our properties are non-smoking.
- The information and descriptions given in our website and other printed matter are for guidance only. We shall not be held liable for any mis-description or incorrct information.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome in Cedar and Pine Chalets, Wool, Town Foot and Melrose Cottages and Sally's Flat, subject to an additional charge for extra cleaning of £35.00 per dog per stay. Pets are not permitted in the other properties.
- To avoid misunderstandings, we remind you that a booking constitutes a legal contract. If you have to cancel for any reason, including due to the ill health of someone in your party or the death of a close relative, you will lose your deposit and you will be obliged to pay the balance due, unless we are able to re- let the property.
- However, if you pay a rent waiver at a cost of 5% of the total property rental at the time of paying the deposit and the reason for the cancellation is the ill health of someone in your party or the death of a close relative, we will return your deposit less an administrative charge of £50.00 and waive payment of the balance. Please note that this does not cover pre-existing conditions and a medical certificate will be required.
- Each cottage booking is a separate stand alone contract. A cancellation in one cottage will not cover any other cottage for that week or any subsequent week. This is relevant for parties booking lots of cottages at once when one member of the party drops out through ill health. It is the clients responsibility to name the parties in each cottage on the booking form.
- If you choose not to pay the additional Rent Waiver, you are strongly advised to have some form of holiday insurance to protect your position in the event that you are compelled to cancel your holiday. It is amazing how many people end up being forced to cancel annually. If they did not pay the rent waiver or have some other form of holiday insurance, they still have to pay for a holiday they are unable to enjoy. Please protect your position with some form of cover.
You agree not to act in any way which might cause disturbance to any neighbouring properties. If we consider that you have behaved anti-socially, irresponsibly, or have caused significant damage to the property or the property of others, we are entitled to terminate your let immediately without a refund.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury, sickness or inconvenience to any member of your party, or any vehicles or possessions belonging to any of them, howsoever caused, nor shall we be liable for any additional expenses incurred by you whether directly or indirectly caused by or arising from any aspect of your booking with us. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to us.
We will endeavour to ensure that the content of this website is always accurate, honest, and up-to-date. However, all content, including prices, is subject to change without notice.
All personal information collected through the forms in this website will be used only for the purpose intended, eg to answer an enquiry or to process a holiday booking. Personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary to satisfy the enquiry or booking made.
In the case of our mailing list, we will retain the information supplied by you for the purpose of operating our mailing list. Your information will not be shared with any other third parties. We will remove your details from our mailing list on request.
Links to external websites are provided as a service to our users, eg where they contain information that may be of either general or specific interest to persons planning a self catering cottage holiday. However, we are not responsible for the content, views, or accuracy of information on external websites.
You accept that data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
When making a booking with us, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute, the laws of England and Wales shall apply and the English courts shall have jurisdiction.